Definición de oblige en inglés:
verbo[with object and infinitive]
- This September, I am legally obliged to renew my driver's licence.
- His hands were completely tied on this one, and those who now criticise him for doing what he was legally obliged to do are being unfair in the extreme to him.
- ‘I was brought up thinking work is something you are morally obliged to do,’ as one older man put it.
- Please oblige by suggesting the proper food style, life style and other things to avoid further blocks.
- ‘If you wish to embrace me, Maria, you know I will be only too pleased to oblige you,’ replied James, his voice low and teasing.
- Unfortunately, a lack of research funding and other assistance made it impossible to oblige him, but we had a lively conversation.
- Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
- I shall be much obliged if you would give me an opportunity for an interview.
- If you or anyone else can help me to sort out the security issues I would be much obliged.
- 1obliger sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the event the obliger discontinues the project, the assets acquired fully or substantially out of the grants given by the Government will revert to the Government grant.
- The obliger is currently not in default under any of its outstanding securities for which United States Trust Company of New York is Trustee.
Middle English (in the sense 'bind by oath'): from Old French obliger, from Latin obligare, from ob- 'towards' + ligare 'to bind'.
ally from Middle English:
Latin alligere ‘combine together’, formed from ad- ‘to(gether)’ and ligare ‘bind’ developed into two closely related words in Old French: alier which became ally in English, and aloyer which became alloy (late 16th century). Ligare is also hidden in furl (late 16th century) which comes from French ferler, from ferm ‘firm’ and lier ‘bind’; league (Late Middle English) a binding together; and oblige (Middle English) originally meaning ‘bind by oath’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.