Definición de obscurantism en inglés:
The practice of deliberately preventing the facts or full details of something from becoming known: allegations in the Press about government obscurantism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is hoped that in their absence, other scientists will come forward to champion science against religious obscurantism before masses of people.
- The ruling regime sustains itself through a combination of fear, prejudice and religious obscurantism.
- Instead of succumbing to the forces of religious obscurantism, incompetence and repression, the region's Muslims are set to provide a template for modernist believers across the globe.
obscurant sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- ‘There is a long list of other projects, which only serve obscurants and divisive forces,’ the letter adds.
- To sit, stubborn and obscurant, and refuse to acknowledge the roots of politicised mass murder is inexcusable.
- We use them [white phosphorus munitions] primarily as obscurants, for smokescreens or target marking in some cases.
obscurantist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- Only recently have leftist obscurantists gone cool on the ‘blowback’ theory - largely because the murder of hapless innocents has crossed another line in their embarrassment threshold.
- Opposition to English is a futile cultural position, however, one most frequently adopted by cultural and religious obscurantists or blinkered advocates of communicative borders.
- It is the so-called secularists who, justifying themselves with specious sophistry, join hands with the most obscurantist religious leaders to insist on maintaining the present unequal system.
Definición de obscurantism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan