The practice of deliberately impeding or delaying the course of legal, legislative, or other procedures.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The party surely dread the kind of obstructionism they themselves practiced during the last Congress.
- This is the very definition of obstructionism: To delay a foregone conclusion for the sake of a petty protest.
- To the general astonishment the Duke d' Orléans, head of the junior branch of the royal family and heir to a long tradition of obstructionism, suddenly rose and protested that this was not legal.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- An aggressive, obstructionist Duma (Russia's lower house of parliament) dominated by Communists blocked any attempt at reform.
- They should crusade for changes in Senate procedures that would prevent an obstructionist minority from delaying action indefinitely.
- We can't ask others to play by rules we write concerning the global economy, only to then be obstructionists when it comes to necessary action to protect the environment.
Definición de obstructionism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda