Definición de obvert en inglés:
verbo[with object] Logic
Alter (a proposition) so as to infer another proposition with a contradictory predicate, e.g. ‘no men are immortal’ to ‘all men are mortal’.
- An original statement is obverted, the result is converted and that result is obverted again.
- In response to growing concern and upon the advice of a specially appointed committee, the rule was obverted.
early 17th century (in the sense 'turn something until it is facing'): from Latin obvertere, from ob- 'towards' + vertere 'to turn'.
- Example sentences
- Obversion always works if it's done right.
- Determine which of the three new moves: conversion, contraposition or obversion has taken place between the premise and conclusion of the argument.
Definición de obvert en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan