- 1A group of eight people or things, in particular:Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first couple octets are the manufacturer, the middle are the device, and the final are like serial numbers.
- Gaurav is an active member in the comedy octet, The Other Guys.
- I could only hope the squabbling octet did not end up at the same resort.
- 1.1A group of eight musicians.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jamil Sheriff is the pianist with Joel's band and he will be taking his own octet to Leeds College of Music on Wednesday.
- John of Gaunt entered five groups in this year's regional festival including its wind band, low brass ensemble and trombone octet.
- The octet will go on to perform the Dvorak anniversary concert at Castle Howard on Tuesday.
- 1.2A musical composition for eight voices or instruments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In my continuing education I learned that Mendelssohn orchestrated the scherzo of his octet.
- Arriaga was second fiddle in a string quartet at nine years of age, and two years later wrote an octet.
- Burney recorded that his instrumental works - symphonies, concertos, octets, quartets, and trios - were as popular as his vocal music.
- 1.3The first eight lines of a sonnet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the first huitain (an octet that rhymes ababbcbc) de Pisan declares her personal voice as the narrator.
- Here is the octet as it is called, the first eight lines of the sonnet.
- 1.4 Chemistry A stable group of eight electrons occupying a single shell in an atom.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The octet rule is followed in so many compounds it is a useful guide.
- An atom will bond with another in order to satisfy the octet rule.
- The noble gas atoms have a complete octet of electrons in the outermost shell.
mid 19th century: from Italian ottetto or German Oktett, on the pattern of duet and quartet.
Más definiciones de octetDefinición de octet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.