sustantivo (plural octopuses)
- Order Octopoda, class Cephalopoda: Octopus and other genera
- He compares the octopus to the other cephalopods - cuttlefish, crayfish, and the like.
- The harbor seal's diet consists of fish, cephalopods, such as octopus and squid, and crustaceans.
- Cephalopods, the octopus, the squid and cuttlefish are the main groups, I think.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek oktōpous (see Octopoda).
The standard plural in English of octopus is octopuses. However, the word octopus comes from Greek and the Greek plural form octopodes is still occasionally used. The plural form octopi, formed according to rules for some Latin plurals, is incorrect.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What possible justification does this vast octopoid expanse have, other than the exercise of American power?
- Wolugo was motionless, except for a faint movement of the fleshy flaps deep within the recesses of her mantle cavity, back of the octopoid head.
- The Oluas were a bizarre octopoid race with Squid heads and tall grey bodies.
Definición de octopus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.