A hoofed mammal of an order which includes horses, rhinoceroses, and tapirs. Mammals of this group have either one or three toes on each foot. Compare with even-toed ungulate.
- Order Perissodactyla: three families
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Artiodactyls stand in contrast to the ‘odd-toed ungulates,’ the Perissodactyla, in which the plane of symmetry runs down the third toe.
- Even- and odd-toed ungulates are the predominant large mammalian herbivores in most of the world today.
- The horse's single toe on each of its four feet is its most marked anatomical characteristic and makes it a perissodactyl or odd-toed ungulate.
Definición de odd-toed ungulate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.