Definición de odd-toed ungulate en inglés:
A hoofed mammal of an order which includes horses, rhinoceroses, and tapirs. Mammals of this group have either one or three toes on each foot. Compare with even-toed ungulate.
- Order Perissodactyla: three families
- Artiodactyls stand in contrast to the ‘odd-toed ungulates,’ the Perissodactyla, in which the plane of symmetry runs down the third toe.
- Even- and odd-toed ungulates are the predominant large mammalian herbivores in most of the world today.
- The horse's single toe on each of its four feet is its most marked anatomical characteristic and makes it a perissodactyl or odd-toed ungulate.
Definición de odd-toed ungulate en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India