Definición de ode en inglés:
1A lyric poem, typically one in the form of an address to a particular subject, written in varied or irregular metre.
- Born in Watford, Herts, Fletcher started writing odes as a pupil at Friern Barnet Grammar, where he produced concerts.
- Dave, bless his warped soul, writes an ode to Neil Diamond that must be read to be believed.
- Every song on this record is an ode to some long-distance lost love.
1.1A classical poem of a kind originally meant to be sung.
- In Greek drama and in the works of Pindar, odes were sung by a chorus and performed with dance.
- Sports books are hardly a new phenomenon - the poet Pindar was writing odes to naked Greek athletes 25 centuries ago.
- Another Milton scholar present announced that while rhyme was no ornament to verse, the return of odes and sonnets was inevitable.
Definición de ode en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan