A condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body. Also called dropsy1.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Seven children died from illness or injury without oedema, three in the antioxidant supplement group and four in the placebo group.
- Muscles waste away; oedema and accumulation of fluid in body cavities follows depletion of plasma proteins.
- This is not easy, as too little fluid will cause hypoperfusion whereas too much will lead to oedema that will cause tissue hypoxia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The breast skin overlying the lesion was erythematous and edematous.
- The fragments were edematous with focal fibrosis.
- When these lesions were stroked, they became red, edematous, and pruritic, and some formed blisters.
Late Middle English: modern Latin, from Greek oidēma, from oidein 'to swell'.
Definición de oedema en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda