Any of a group of steroid hormones which promote the development and maintenance of female characteristics of the body. Such hormones are also produced artificially for use in oral contraceptives or to treat menopausal and menstrual disorders: there is a monthly cycle of oestrogens and progesterone
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, they discovered that female hormones - estrogens such as estradiol - are to thank for this healthy restraint.
- The combined contraceptive pill contains the hormone oestrogen as well as progestogen.
- In this form of therapy, women take a combination of the hormones estrogen and progestin.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Isoflavonoids are biologically active, with well-established estrogenic and fungicidal functions.
- Consequently, androgenic or estrogenic pathways in the brain can be independently activated by T derived from blood.
- In some studies, investigators have reported that DDT and its metabolites have estrogenic effects in animals and in vitro.
Más definiciones de oestrogenDefinición de oestrogen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.