- Certain limited measures were introduced which undermined this claim, including a ban on the use of specified bovine offals in the human food chain.
- It is made with many offal tidbits, it is necessary to cook the offals separately before they are combined and cooked together.
- An advisory was given to manufacturers of baby foods not to include ruminant offals in their products.
- The early targets had been water supplies contaminated by human waste, slaughterhouse offal, and garbage.
- While disappointed that someone would dump offal, he said he had been encouraged by the council's response to his call.
- There's still that familiar stench, a mixture of open sewers, rotting rubbish and offal from street butchers' stalls mixed with dust and petrol fumes.
- The dragonfly is a sleek, graceful insect that doesn't deserve to have its reputation sullied by being associated with this pile of offal.
- At the river's edge, they were greeted by a pile of stinking, fly-covered offal.
- Large aggregations of birds can be found behind fishing boats, feeding on offal.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'refuse from a process'): probably suggested by Middle Dutch afval, from af 'off' + vallen 'to fall'.
Palabras que riman con offalcoffle, waffle
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: offal
Definición de offal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.