- Resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult: he sounded rather offendedMás ejemplos en oraciones
upset, hurt, wounded, injured, insulted, aggrieved, affronted, pained, displeased, distressed, disgruntled, put out, annoyed, angered, angry, cross, exasperated, indignant, irritated, vexed, piqued, irked, stung, galled, nettled, needled, peeved, ruffled, resentful, in a huff, huffy, in high dudgeon, fed up; West Indian vex• vulgar slang pissed off• archaic snuffy
- If he spits in the face of deeply held Labour beliefs, he must not be surprised if offended party members retaliate.
- ‘I sent it Special Delivery on Tuesday,’ said the slightly shocked and offended voice on the other end of the phone at the fashion boutique.
- The apology must be delayed long enough to recognise the hurt felt by the offended victim - but proffered before there is lasting harm.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So I went and told my sister this information, and she just sort of stared at me and then said, offendedly, "... I don't CARE."
- I said offendedly: "But at least you owe me an explanation".