- 1A person who commits an illegal act: an institution for young offendersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Offenders often fail to realize the severity of their crimes, and an antagonistic prison environment can exacerbate feelings of being wrongly accused and hamper treatment.
- State budget deficits are often amplified by costs associated with prisons bulging with nonviolent drug offenders.
- In the past two decades, the federal prison population has doubled, mostly due to drug offenders.
- 2A person or thing that does something wrong or causes problems: you can’t get away from sex these days, and the TV is the worst offenderMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The two greatest offenders come back-to-back in the middle of the album.
- In this respect, the Roman Catholics are not by any means the only offenders.
- People working in hospitals have told me that the worst offenders for not washing their hands are the doctors.