Definición de offertory en inglés:
sustantivo (plural offertories)Christian Church
1.1An anthem accompanying the offertory.
- Imagine you are practicing a piece for a forthcoming concert, for a church offertory, or to accompany a trumpet player down the street.
- Preludes, offertories, anthems, postludes - these and their like are not essential to worship.
- Since most of these arrangements are written in the keys of C, D, G, F and B-flat, young pianists can be shown how to combine several pieces to create longer music needed for preludes, offertories and communion.
2An offering or collection of money made at a religious service.
- At the cathedral teachers were secured for the boy's school through seat rents supplemented by church offertories and school fees.
- First, we have our ‘assessment’ which is based on offertory - something like 10%.
- When the church was consecrated in 1853 the offertory amounted to £54.
Definición de offertory en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary