Definición de offshoot en inglés:
1A side shoot or branch on a plant.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Pistia stratiotes L. is a free-floating aquatic angiosperm that can reproduce rapidly by vegetative offshoots from stolons.
- The flowers are probably wind-pollinated, and the plants can reproduce vegetatively by lateral offshoots, and by rhizomes.
- Not a few of the townsfolk, or their ancestors, more likely, have gone so far as to plant offshoots of the fruit-bearing specimens in their own gardens.
1.1A thing that develops from something else: commercial offshoots of universities
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The luminous mould has been developed by researchers at the commercial offshoot of the school of biological sciences at Edinburgh University.
- The experience gained there obviously didn't go astray as she now has a thriving business, which developed as an offshoot to the Country Markets.
- I accept this penchant may have developed as an offshoot from my dislike of thongs, but it's grown up big and strong into a whole new preference in itself.
Palabras que riman con offshootjumpsuit • troubleshoot
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda