Definición de offshoot en inglés:
1A side shoot or branch on a plant.
- Pistia stratiotes L. is a free-floating aquatic angiosperm that can reproduce rapidly by vegetative offshoots from stolons.
- The flowers are probably wind-pollinated, and the plants can reproduce vegetatively by lateral offshoots, and by rhizomes.
- Not a few of the townsfolk, or their ancestors, more likely, have gone so far as to plant offshoots of the fruit-bearing specimens in their own gardens.
1.1A thing that develops from something else: commercial offshoots of universities
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The luminous mould has been developed by researchers at the commercial offshoot of the school of biological sciences at Edinburgh University.
- The experience gained there obviously didn't go astray as she now has a thriving business, which developed as an offshoot to the Country Markets.
- I accept this penchant may have developed as an offshoot from my dislike of thongs, but it's grown up big and strong into a whole new preference in itself.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan