- Showing in section a double continuous S-shaped curve.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From a high central half-round, the skirt descends along cyma or ogee curves to cusps that set off shallow arches with small half-rounds in the middle.
- During the late 1780s, Chapin's shop gradually shifted from cabriole-legged case furniture to forms with oxbow facades and ogee feet.
- Despite its late date, the conservative display of raised-panel doors, applied ogee moldings, and a scalloped opening to the display area are all borrowed from eighteenth-century design.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An S-shaped line or moulding.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of the 286 planes, the majority, were simple moldings like common ogees, astragals, beads, hollows and rounds.
- Of Near Eastern inspiration are the arabesques, ogees, scrolls, and flower heads outlined in raised gold paste.
- Only the fronts of the legs are decorated with a molding of opposed ogees separated by a bead interrupted by clusters of three carved balls.
late Middle English: apparently from ogive (with which it was originally synonymous). The current sense arose in the late 17th century.
Más definiciones de ogeeDefinición de ogee en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.