- 1An ancient British and Irish alphabet, consisting of twenty characters formed by parallel strokes on either side of or across a continuous line.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The combination of a rockcut ‘basin’, two separate carved footprints, the incised outline of a boar or pig, and an inscription in the Irish linear script, known as ogham, cannot be paralleled anywhere in Britain or Ireland.
- One is inscribed in Latin and also in ogham.
- He initiated the modern study of ogam with an essay on the Mount Callan Stone in 1785.
early 18th century: from Irish ogam, connected with Ogma, the name of its mythical inventor.
Más definiciones de oghamDefinición de ogham en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.