1.2A thing having the profile of an ogive, especially the head of a projectile or the nose cone of a rocket.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The curve of the ogive usually is the arc of the circle, the center of which is located in a line perpendicular to the axis of the projectile and the radius of which is generally 6 to 11 calibers.
- This lightweight insert extends the bullet nose and accommodates use of a longer ogive - the radius of the curve of the bullet tip.
- It's essential that an optimum overall length for the cartridge is established for your chamber based on the distance the bullet ogive is set off the rifling.
late Middle English: from French, of unknown origin.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In its preference for elaborate geometric figures, ogival forms, and complex molding, the Netherlandish Gothic of the sixteenth century differs even from that of the mid-fifteenth century.
- The most distinctive part of the reliquary is its cupola, a small ogival crystal vault divided into six sections by ribs decorated with crockets.
- The tabernacles framing the niche, for instance, are formed by bells whose contours define inverted ogival trefoils.
Definición de ogive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.