- Abelmoschus esculentus, family Malvaceae.
- The French and black Creoles taught the Cajuns how to grow cotton, sugarcane, and okra; they learned rice and soybean production from Anglo-Americans.
- Several varieties of tomatoes, okra and peppers, among others, require long growing seasons.
- It's time to seed those crops that demand warm soil, including okra, Southern peas and Malabar spinach.
- This recipe calls for whole okra to be cooked with onions, tomatoes, garlic and ground coriander and served with grilled aubergine.
- A key ingredient in gumbo, okra is originally an African vegetable.
- A side dish of Bendi - okra sautéed with onion, fresh tomatoes, black pepper and garlic - is a little bit similar to the flavour of the eggplant.
Early 18th century: a West African word, perhaps from the root nkru; compare with nkran, the name of the town Europeanized as Accra.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: okra
Definición de okra en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.