Definición de old maid en inglés:
1 derogatory A single woman regarded as too old for marriage: if you don’t mind your tongue, you’ll die an old maid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Do you wish for you and your sister to grow into single old maids?
- As illegal divers working for the Asian export market continue to thin abalone populations, the survivors are dying off as old maids and bachelors.
- The daughter was heartbroken, never married and died an old maid.
2 [mass noun] A card game in which players collect pairs and try not to be left with an odd penalty card, typically a queen.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The school is also encouraging parents to introduce their children to cards games such as old maid, snap and bridge.
- As in old maid, you do not know what card you are going to take, and the player you are taking the card from does not know which one you will take.
- Steph has a poker face as good as my 4 year old daughter playing old maid.
Definición de old maid en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda