Definición de old maid en inglés:
1 derogatory A single woman regarded as too old for marriage: if you don’t mind your tongue, you’ll die an old maid
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Do you wish for you and your sister to grow into single old maids?
- As illegal divers working for the Asian export market continue to thin abalone populations, the survivors are dying off as old maids and bachelors.
- The daughter was heartbroken, never married and died an old maid.
2 [mass noun] A card game in which players collect pairs and try not to be left with an odd penalty card, typically a queen.
- The school is also encouraging parents to introduce their children to cards games such as old maid, snap and bridge.
- As in old maid, you do not know what card you are going to take, and the player you are taking the card from does not know which one you will take.
- Steph has a poker face as good as my 4 year old daughter playing old maid.
Definición de old maid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan