- A synthetic compound used as a calorie-free substitute for fat in various foods because of its ability to pass through the body without being absorbed. It is a polyester derived from sucrose.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A new type of polyester, tradenamed Olestra, is marketed to snack-food producers as a fat substitute that is not absorbed by the body.
- I had seen a similar registry on the Web site of the Center for Science in the Public Interest for people who believed that consuming the fat substitute Olestra had caused them some type of health problem.
- You remember Olestra, the fat substitute that mimicked the creamy taste and silky-smooth feel of real fat but that wouldn't make you fat.
1980s: from (p)ol(y)est(e)r + the suffix -a.
Más definiciones de olestraDefinición de olestra en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.