Definición de oligopsony en inglés:
sustantivo (plural oligopsonies)
A state of the market in which only a small number of buyers exists for a product.
- Economists refer to this as an oligopsony: a market with few buyers.
- An oligopsony is a market in which there are many sellers, but few buyers.
- Using modern terms, in labor markets oligopsony or monopsony emerges, and market imperfections and a zero reservation price for labor exist.
- Example sentences
- Three market observations indicate the possible existence of oligopsonistic elements in the ONP market: the existence of barriers to entry; relatively few buyers and many sellers; and historically large price variations.
- The farm sector is not receiving that money because of the oligopsonistic [buyer shared monopoly] meat packers, and the oligopsonistic retailers have positioned themselves to capture the bulk of that profit.
- The oligopsonistic behavior of ONP buyers led to greater price distortions in all four regions.
Definición de oligopsony en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan