(Especially of a lake) relatively poor in plant nutrients and containing abundant oxygen in the deeper parts. Compare with dystrophic, eutrophic.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Altogether, this indicates that sestonic components of autochthonous origin should be closer to Redfield proportions in eutrophic than in oligotrophic lakes.
- Rainbow trout was collected in lakes of all sizes, depths, and elevations, ranging from low to high levels of lake disturbance and relatively oligotrophic to eutrophic waters.
- For freshwater CAM plants the sites are seasonal pools, oligotrophic lakes, freshwater tidal creeks, irrigation channels and the like, all over the world, including high latitudes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This production increase suggests that a shift in the trophic status of the river from oligotrophy to eutrophy accompanied development of New Bedford's commercial economy.
- Oligotrophy, the obligate or facultative capacity to live in low-nutrient habitats, has played a major role in the evolution of photosynthetic organisms.
Definición de oligotrophic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda