Definición de oligotrophic en inglés:
(Especially of a lake) relatively poor in plant nutrients and containing abundant oxygen in the deeper parts. Compare with dystrophic, eutrophic.
- Altogether, this indicates that sestonic components of autochthonous origin should be closer to Redfield proportions in eutrophic than in oligotrophic lakes.
- Rainbow trout was collected in lakes of all sizes, depths, and elevations, ranging from low to high levels of lake disturbance and relatively oligotrophic to eutrophic waters.
- For freshwater CAM plants the sites are seasonal pools, oligotrophic lakes, freshwater tidal creeks, irrigation channels and the like, all over the world, including high latitudes.
- Example sentences
- This production increase suggests that a shift in the trophic status of the river from oligotrophy to eutrophy accompanied development of New Bedford's commercial economy.
- Oligotrophy, the obligate or facultative capacity to live in low-nutrient habitats, has played a major role in the evolution of photosynthetic organisms.
Definición de oligotrophic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan