sustantivo (plural ombudsmen)
- 1An official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against a company or organization, especially a public authority.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These failures in human communication feature in many of the complaints investigated by the ombudsman's office.
- To tackle the issue, Wang requested that the city government recruited more consumer ombudsmen to investigate such cases, noting that Taipei has only one consumer ombudsman, while Taipei County has three.
- Last year, the number of complaints to the pensions ombudsman increased by a third.
- 1.1 (the Ombudsman) British informal term for Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He wrote to the Yacht Club, the Nelson City Council, the Ombudsman, the Minister for Local Government, the Prime Minister.
- 3.7.12 prevents a Councillor from voting on any question relating to an Ombudsman's Report in which he has been named and criticised.
- An Attorney-General representative denied this, pointing to safeguards in the legislation such as reporting to Parliament and oversight by an Ombudsman, The Age reports.
1950s: from Swedish, 'legal representative'.
Más definiciones de ombudsmanDefinición de ombudsman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.