(US also omelet)
Definición de omelette en inglés:
A dish of beaten eggs cooked in a frying pan and served plain or with a savoury or sweet topping or filling: a cheese omelette
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mike Thomson, the owner/manager, will be serving bagels, omelettes, salads, home made soups and baking and pasta dishes.
- A chef was stationed at one end to cook omelettes and serve bacon, sausages and black pudding.
- Fresh leaves can be added to soups, stews, omelettes or salads.
one can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
- proverb One cannot accomplish something without adverse effects elsewhere.[translating French On ne saurait faire une omelette sans casser des oeufs]Example sentences
- Just as surely as you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, you can't build a fairer society without challenging wealth and power.
- However, as Lenin said, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.
- Robespierre was dead right, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, however I have noticed that politicians can never improve the world without killing a fair amount of the inhabitants which is what Robespierre had just done.
Definición de omelette en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan