Definición de one-night stand en inglés:
1 informal A sexual relationship lasting only one night.
- She refused to marry him, and according to one friend, ‘he had casual relationships, heavy relationships, one-night stands, one-week stands’.
- He's the type for one-night stands, not relationships.
- A hundred one-night stands cannot stand up to one night with Andrew.
1.1A person with whom one has a one-night stand.
- Right now, because of my age, it's hard to find a lover or even a one-night stand.
- Adults were here to find a lifetime lover or a one-night stand.
- Perry brought home a variety of one-night stands, and Marin had had the unfortunate experience of running into them quite often sneaking out in the mornings.
2A single performance of a play or show in a particular place.
- It is on this day in their sprawling New London summer cottage that father James bemoans the poverty that made him a miser and had him abandon a career as a Shakespearean actor for more lucrative one-night stands in The Count of Monte Cristo.
- The first and last belong to Frank Hardy, a travelling healer who, after slogging through one-night stands in Wales and Scotland, returns to his native Ireland in the hope of restoring his ailing powers.
- After about 1906, the touring companies with their one-night stands declined precipitously.
Definición de one-night stand en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan