Definición de Oneida en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or Oneidas)
- The Oneidas are members of the Iroquois Confederacy, also known as the League of the Haudenosaunee, or Six Nations.
- Hofstra begins by recalling a violent skirmish in 1742 on the Virginia frontier between white settlers and a group of Oneidas and Onondagas traveling from their homelands in New York to the Carolinas.
- Directly after the battle at Lake George, the Mohawks and Oneidas left for home to console their families and did not return as promised.
- An Iroquoian language, Oneida is most closely related to Mohawk.
- The Cherokee language belongs to the Iroquoian family of languages and is therefore related to Mohawk, Seneca, Onondaga, Oneida, Cayuga, and Tuscarora, among others.
- I taught them the names of the Six Nations, and the meaning of Onondaga, Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Tuscarora and Oneida.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Johnson's army, on the other hand, was composed primarily of New England militia men, Mohawk and Oneida Indians, and almost no British regulars.
- Born in Oneida, Wisc., an indeterminate number of years ago, to an Oneida father and a Cree mother from Alberta, Hill is able to call both sides of the border his home.
- After the death of his first wife, Margaret, daughter of the Oneida sachem Skenandoah, Brant married Catherine Croghan, the Mohawk daughter of a British agent.
From a local word meaning 'erected stone', the name of successive principal Oneida settlements, near which, by tradition, a large syenite boulder was erected.
Palabras que riman con Oneidachider, cider, divider, eider, glider, Guider, Haida, hider, Ida, insider, outsider, provider, rider, Ryder, Saida, slider, spider, strider, stridor
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.