Definición de ontogeny en inglés:
1The branch of biology that deals with ontogenesis. Compare with phylogeny.
- However helpful this removal can be, there needs also to be a cohesive model of homologies that can draw upon the integration of morphology, ontogeny, and paleontology.
- Given the interest in comparative approaches in biology, new examples of embryonic ontogeny of osmoregulation should be investigated in species with internal or external development.
- His finding of parallels between ontogeny, paleontology, and morphology was rapidly adopted by biologists like Haeckel and used to support evolution.
1.1 another term for ontogenesis.
- Exceptions to the rule may provide insight into the biology of the animals' ontogeny and life cycle.
- These models stress the dynamics during ontogeny of the cellular components of growth and morphogenesis.
- Selection may act to modify ontogeny and ultimately determine morphology and function.
- Example sentences
- Although these issues have been addressed in several plant species, very few studies exist for tree species, especially those addressing the genetic basis of phenotypic plasticity and ontogenic allometry.
- The second approach consists of measuring biomechanical parameters in different samples to demonstrate the effect of ontogenic, genetic or environmental conditions.
- Alternatively, therefore, the expression of hormone receptors in the ovarian-like stroma of cystic nephroma may be related to female gender and smooth muscle differentiation rather than ontogenic similarity to ovarian stroma.
Definición de ontogeny en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan