Definición de ontogeny en inglés:
1The branch of biology that deals with ontogenesis. Compare with phylogeny.
- However helpful this removal can be, there needs also to be a cohesive model of homologies that can draw upon the integration of morphology, ontogeny, and paleontology.
- Given the interest in comparative approaches in biology, new examples of embryonic ontogeny of osmoregulation should be investigated in species with internal or external development.
- His finding of parallels between ontogeny, paleontology, and morphology was rapidly adopted by biologists like Haeckel and used to support evolution.
1.1 another term for ontogenesis.
- Exceptions to the rule may provide insight into the biology of the animals' ontogeny and life cycle.
- These models stress the dynamics during ontogeny of the cellular components of growth and morphogenesis.
- Selection may act to modify ontogeny and ultimately determine morphology and function.
- Example sentences
- Although these issues have been addressed in several plant species, very few studies exist for tree species, especially those addressing the genetic basis of phenotypic plasticity and ontogenic allometry.
- The second approach consists of measuring biomechanical parameters in different samples to demonstrate the effect of ontogenic, genetic or environmental conditions.
- Alternatively, therefore, the expression of hormone receptors in the ovarian-like stroma of cystic nephroma may be related to female gender and smooth muscle differentiation rather than ontogenic similarity to ovarian stroma.
Definición de ontogeny en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan