Definición de opencast en inglés:
Denoting a method of mining in which coal or ore is extracted at or from a level near the earth’s surface, rather than from shafts.
- The two main methods of extraction are opencast mining and underground mining.
- Exploration for hydrocarbons has resulted in drilling to basement in many basins and, where coal seams occur close to the surface, opencast mining has exposed the strata.
- Residents are claiming victory today after controversial plans for opencast mining near three quiet Yorkshire villages were thrown out.
sustantivo[mass noun] Volver al principio
The activity of opencast mining: communities facing the destruction of their countryside by opencast
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Workers at the company's Westport's Stockton Mine, Huntly, the Ohai opencast in Southland and Rotowaro in the Waikato joined the strike.
- We are virtually surrounded by opencast and landfill with the promise of another 30 years of the same.
Definición de opencast en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan