- An opera (especially one of the 18th century in Italian) on a serious, usually classical or mythological theme.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Silla, the opera seria here recorded, was one of the earliest Handel created after settling in London, though oddly enough the circumstances of its first performance are obscure.
- Convention prevented a bass like Montagnana from playing a heroic role in an opera seria, which only goes to show how remarkable William Savage's presence in Imeneo really was.
- Two further commissions for Milan followed, the wedding serenata Ascanio in Alba in 1771 and Lucio Silla, a magnificent opera seria, in 1772.
Italian, literally 'serious opera'.
Más definiciones de opera seriaDefinición de opera seria en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.