Definición de operationalism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
A form of positivism which defines scientific concepts in terms of the operations used to determine or prove them.
- Milne's metaphysical views were based in positivism, most especially in operationalism: only those objects whose properties could be directly revealed by some observational procedure, or operation, were to be counted among the real.
- According to operationalism, STR changes the meanings of the concepts of space and time from the classical conception.
- Third, Carnap realizes that the principle of operationalism is too restrictive.
operationalist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- This suffices to qualify stress as a permissible concept from the operationalist standpoint.
- He adopted a constructivist interpretation of mathematics which bordered upon formalism, and regarded this as the natural complement to his operationalist philosophy in physics.
- Those who said that these were real because they were useful were instrumentalists, while those who said they were real to the extent that they correlated with measurements were operationalists.
Definición de operationalism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan