Definición de operationalism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
A form of positivism which defines scientific concepts in terms of the operations used to determine or prove them.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Milne's metaphysical views were based in positivism, most especially in operationalism: only those objects whose properties could be directly revealed by some observational procedure, or operation, were to be counted among the real.
- According to operationalism, STR changes the meanings of the concepts of space and time from the classical conception.
- Third, Carnap realizes that the principle of operationalism is too restrictive.
operationalist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This suffices to qualify stress as a permissible concept from the operationalist standpoint.
- He adopted a constructivist interpretation of mathematics which bordered upon formalism, and regarded this as the natural complement to his operationalist philosophy in physics.
- Those who said that these were real because they were useful were instrumentalists, while those who said they were real to the extent that they correlated with measurements were operationalists.
Definición de operationalism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia