- A short opera, usually on a light or humorous theme and typically having spoken dialogue. Notable composers of operettas include Offenbach, Johan Strauss, Franz Lehár, and Gilbert and Sullivan.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She has performed in many operas, operettas, musicals and oratorios.
- The Pirates of Penzance is one of those enduring operettas by Gilbert and Sullivan, the subject matter of which doesn't matter a hoot.
- Apart from the brilliant success of Gilbert and Sullivan's operettas, a true native style is difficult to identify.
late 18th century: from Italian, diminutive of opera (see opera1).
Más definiciones de operettaDefinición de operetta en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.