Definición de ophiuroid en inglés:
An echinoderm of the class Ophiuroidea, which comprises the brittlestars.
- Hans perhaps is best known for his work on crinoids and ophiuroids, but he has many titles on asteroids, echinoids, and holothurians as well.
- Unlike the situation with gastropods, sublethal damage is relatively easy to interpret in ophiuroids and crinoids.
- Some, like many starfish, are predators; holothurians, sand dollars, and ophiuroids often feed on detritus; crinoids are filter-feeders; sea urchins scrape algae from rocks.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting ophiuroids.
- Alternative phylogenetic trees were compared excluding the ophiuroid data set.
- A few ophiuroid species can even tolerate brackish water, an ability otherwise almost unknown among echinoderms.
- However, the placement of the ophiuroid branch with respect to the other echinoderms is still unresolved.
Definición de ophiuroid en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan