Definición de ophthalmoplegia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
Paralysis of the muscles within or surrounding the eye.
- Chronic alcoholics are at risk of Wernicke's encephalopathy, in which delirium becomes complicated by ataxia and ophthalmoplegia.
- The patient was observed until approximately 20 months later, when he developed new complaints of a 4.5-kg weight loss, bone and joint pain, and ophthalmoplegia.
- This is the first time that such a damaged enzyme - a DNA synthesis enzyme - has been shown to play a role in a degenerative disease, in this case a condition called progressive external ophthalmoplegia.
- Example sentences
- Ophthalmoplegic migraine is a rare form of migraine headache that is felt around the eye.
Definición de ophthalmoplegia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan