verbo[with object] Medicine
Make (a foreign cell) more susceptible to phagocytosis: CRP opsonizes the capsules of virulent pneumococci
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The role of B-cells in the immune response is to release antibodies that may opsonize a particular cell and assist T-cells in destruction of that cell.
- It opsonised GAS with an average percentage opsonisation of 46 and 50 per cent, respectively.
- Three-micrometer latex beads were opsonized with human immunoglobulin G.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Children who are undernourished consistently have been found to have significant and profound changes in cell-mediated immunity, complement levels, and opsonization that lead to susceptibility to various infections.
- Infection is cleared, usually within 2-3 weeks, by antibody opsonization and macrophage clearance.
- Their functions include not only self/non-self recognition but also engaging associated effector mechanisms, such as complement-mediated opsonization and killing of potential pathogens.
Definición de opsonize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.