Definición de opt en inglés:
Make a choice from a range of possibilities: consumers will opt for low-priced goods [with infinitive]: pupils opting to continue with physics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It also means exercising regularly and opting for active living choices rather than the lazy ones.
- Parents opting for single-sex schools take other factors into account, though.
- Fewer students than ever are opting to study maths at a higher level.
Verbos con partícula
- Choose to participate in something: the database would not include a person’s name unless he opted inMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Icelanders have the right to opt out of the scheme but Mannvernd, an organisation set up to stop the database going ahead, insists that the law should be reversed so that only medical information from citizens who chose to opt in is used.
- For operators that choose to opt in, Government would buy their equipment and claims.
- A green pricing option is best suited to municipal utility services that choose not to opt in to competition.
- Choose not to participate in something: you can opt out of the state pension schemeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Last spring, he opted out of football drills and chose instead to pitch for the USC baseball team, taking the hill in nine games.
- A little-debated provision in the 1996 welfare reform law mandates a lifetime ban on welfare and food stamps for drug offenders, although New York is one of eight states that have opted out of the ban.
- After the arrangements were made, Love opted out of the event altogether, as she reportedly ‘missed her plane’ from Los Angeles.
- British 2.1 (Of a school or hospital) decide to withdraw from local authority control: opting out might allow schools greater freedomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Primary schools, for example, will be allowed to opt out of local authority control and become ‘foundation’ schools with control of their own budgets.
- Moreover, schools and hospitals were encouraged to opt out of local authority control, compete with one another, and manage their own budgets.
- The latter were state schools that opted out of local authority control and voted to obtain funding directly from the government.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India