- 1Something that deceives the eye by appearing to be other than it is.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is not an optical illusion or trick photography.
- Consider the famous optical illusion of two identical lines where one has concave triangles at its edges whilst the other has convex triangles at either end.
- The reason many thought it was magic was because the largest of the tattoos that covered its body, as well as the vast majority, were optical illusions, causing something of a hypnosis to occur with those who dared to stare long enough.
- 1.1An experience of seeming to see something which does not exist or is other than it appears.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everyone, from young children to my 94 year-old grandmother, is fascinated by optical illusions.
- For instance, a very nice test of a robotic vision system would be to see whether it was susceptible to the same optical illusions that we are.
- This results in an optical illusion known as a mirage.
Más definiciones de optical illusionDefinición de optical illusion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.