- 1A person qualified to prescribe and dispense glasses and contact lenses, and to detect eye diseases ( ophthalmic optician) or to make and supply glasses and contact lenses ( dispensing optician).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If you are diagnosed as long-sighted, it is likely that your optician will prescribe glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision.
- If you have taken the test before and have previously been prescribed glasses or contact lenses, your optician may want you to take the test while wearing your glasses or contact lenses.
- Its policies offer cash payments towards a wide range of everyday essential healthcare treatments such as a check up or filling at the dentist and new glasses or contact lenses from the optician.
late 17th century: from French opticien, from medieval Latin optica 'optics'.
Más definiciones de opticianDefinición de optician en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.