Definición de optimism en inglés:
- I think in the '60s there was a certain amount of optimism about the future in technology.
- Young officers like me could look forward to the future with confidence, hope and optimism.
- Princess Anne officially reopened Westbury Dairies offering words of hope and optimism for the future of the plant.
- Natural theology was above all a counsel of optimism, a belief in the essential goodness of the Creator.
- I have great faith in optimism as a philosophy, if only because it offers us the opportunity of self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Subsequent wars and revolutions have made Kant's optimism unfashionable.
Philosophers in the 18th century coined optimism for the theory that this is the best of all possible worlds. The word goes back to Latin optimum ‘best thing’. By the early 19th century it had gained wider currency, and was being used to mean a general tendency to hope for the best. The opposite, pessimism (from Latin pessimus ‘worst’), was also coined in the 18th century, when it meant ‘the worst possible state or condition’.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.