Definición de opus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural opuses or opera /ˈɒp(ə)rə/)
1 Music A separate composition or set of compositions. See also Op.
- Although some composers still assign opus numbers to keep track of their output, it is no longer customary.
- The second piece was another Beethoven opus, Piano Concerto Number 5.
- The opus 39 Waltzes began as a work for solo piano.
2An artistic work, especially one on a large scale: he was writing an opus on Mexico
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Toronto art-rockers have a tendency to go for the extreme, whether it is a lavishly orchestrated children's record or a rock opus telling the story of the Group
- Once you've produced your opus, test it carefully before going public.
- Similarly, as with previous recordings, their latest opus is an effective mix of sprawling environmental textures, clanging, gritty percussion and humorous samples.
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'work'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan