(also orangutang /-uːˈtaŋ/)
Definición de orangutan en inglés:
A large mainly solitary arboreal ape with long red hair, long arms, and hooked hands and feet, native to Borneo and Sumatra.
- Pongo pygmaeus, family Pongidae
- Experts now bracket humans in the ‘hominidae’ family of great apes, along with orangutans, chimpanzees, bonobos and gorillas.
- He added: ‘When people think of monkeys they think of chimpanzees and orangutans which are actually great apes.’
- In fact, actually compared to chimpanzees and gorillas the orangutans are really much more endangered.
late 17th century: from Malay orang utan 'forest person'.
Definición de orangutan en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan