Relating to the art or practice of public speaking: oratorical skills
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The writing has an oratorical eloquence marked in places by mannerisms probably deriving from oral delivery.
- Yet the poet is imitating established oratorical traditions in these poems, choosing among formal and generic modes of persuading the powerful, praising the virtuous, and chastising the wicked.
- In 1956 King began an oratorical marathon that lasted over twelve years, attacking segregation in approximately two thousand speeches and sermons as he hopscotched the nation.
rhetorical, grandiloquent, magniloquent, high-flown, high-sounding, sonorous, lofty, orotund, bombastic, grandiose, pompous, pretentious, overblown, overripe, turgid, extravagant, flowery, florid, declamatory, Ciceronian
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Berlin he meets Sasha, a brilliant, charismatic, oratorically gifted, powerfully heterosexual ideologue who becomes his friend.
- Anton Sching, with a rumbling bass voice and a mustache that swept his breast, got up and roared oratorically in German about the wickedness and oppression practiced on all saloonkeepers by the odious growlerworkers.