- A piece of enclosed land planted with fruit trees: [with modifier]: an apple orchard a cider orchardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Apple and pear orchards were planted, as were plum thickets between some holes.
- Thousands of acres are painstakingly planted in tidy orchards, trellises and rows.
- South of the house is an extensive orchard of fruit trees, now part of the other two properties.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Controlling pear psylla is a real challenge to commercial orchardists, mostly because the insect is quickly resistant to new insecticides.
- I would like to come back to the issue of seasonal work and the difficulty that orchardists and market gardeners have found in getting anyone to pick fruit and asparagus over the last year.
- ‘We want orchardists to let their prunings dry before burning them so a clean hot fire results without the need to add any fuel,’ he said.
Old English ortgeard; the first element from Latin hortus 'garden', the second representing yard2.
Más definiciones de orchardDefinición de orchard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.