A piece of enclosed land planted with fruit trees: [with modifier]: an apple orchard a cider orchard
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Apple and pear orchards were planted, as were plum thickets between some holes.
- Thousands of acres are painstakingly planted in tidy orchards, trellises and rows.
- South of the house is an extensive orchard of fruit trees, now part of the other two properties.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Controlling pear psylla is a real challenge to commercial orchardists, mostly because the insect is quickly resistant to new insecticides.
- I would like to come back to the issue of seasonal work and the difficulty that orchardists and market gardeners have found in getting anyone to pick fruit and asparagus over the last year.
- ‘We want orchardists to let their prunings dry before burning them so a clean hot fire results without the need to add any fuel,’ he said.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: or|chard
Definición de orchard en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda