(also orchestrina /ˌɔːkɪˈstriːnə/)
- A large mechanical musical instrument designed to imitate the sound of an orchestra.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Secular barrel organs varied widely in size, ranging from domestic instruments little bigger than a musical box to the orchestrions designed for public display, for example Maelzel's panharmonicon and Winkel's componium.
- Bach chorales are transposed according to strict mathematical procedures, folk tunes are inverted and piled on top of one another, and the clumsy sound of an orchestrion is produced by a small orchestra.
- There are music machines, too - player pianos and orchestrions, which combine a number of automated instruments in one box.
mid 19th century: from orchestra, on the pattern of accordion.
Más definiciones de orchestrionDefinición de orchestrion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.