- Mr Cheetham, who is a student at Northumbria University, said he thought Mr Gormley's works would help to break down prejudices against modern art, featuring as they do ordinary people.
- An exhibition featuring the ordinary lives of Greenlanders and their arts and crafts came to Sofia for the first time on Tuesday.
- Rather, it featured the works of ordinary folk making their first venture into the arts world.
- What happened to me was not ordinary and average and commonplace and I reject any word that makes it appear so.
- This was another case of ordinary life being more interesting than it looked at first sight.
- Imagine on top of this that you wanted, in fact, to mount an argument as to what makes certain daguerreotypes exceptional and others merely ordinary.
- Should this be the case, an ordinary judge is not allowed to disregard the national legislation but is bound to refer it to the Constitutional Court.
- Murphy's model was to have senior judges and ordinary judges under the one umbrella.
- All the ordinary judges of the Supreme Court and the chief justice were educated in private schools.
sustantivo (plural ordinaries)
- Luxurious style, fine craftsmanship, and authentic details elevate Aladdin Resort & Casino far above the ordinary.
- This being a Dreamworks disc, and a ‘Special Edition’ at that, you can bet on a collection of extra material that is a cut above the ordinary.
- Opulent style, fine craftsmanship, and authentic details elevate Paris Las Vegas far above the ordinary.
- Jeffrey Steenson is Canon to the Ordinary in the Episcopal diocese of the Rio Grande.
- Even so, between 1592 and 1595 Byrd published his three settings of the ordinary of the mass, the masses for three, four and five voices.
- British (In titles) by permanent appointment, especially to the royal household: painter in ordinary to Her MajestyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He became a favourite painter of the royal family and was appointed principal painter in ordinary to George III in 1767.
in the ordinary way
- British If the circumstances are or were not exceptional; normally: but in the ordinary way we shouldn’t expect to hear from himMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In those circumstances the policy will, at any rate in the ordinary way, be conclusive evidence of the contract unless and until it has been rectified; the slip cannot be used to add to, explain or contradict the meaning of the policy.
- But in the ordinary way, a competent pleading, which alleges all the relevant facts in accordance with the claimant's instructions, either discloses a cause of action or it does not.
- I wanted to say, in the ordinary way, it should be practicable.
out of the ordinary
- Unusual: nothing out of the ordinary happenedMás ejemplos en oraciones
unusual, exceptional, remarkable, extraordinary, unexpected, surprising, unaccustomed, uncommon, unfamiliar, abnormal, atypical, unwonted, out of the way, anomalous, different, special, exciting, memorable, striking, noteworthy, unique, singular, unheard of, impressive, outstanding, unconventional, unorthodox, exotic, strange, peculiar, odd, queer, curious, bizarre, offbeat, weird, outlandish
- It is really, really strange because I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.
- Nothing seemed unusual or out of the ordinary that morning, to her eyes, at least.
- This in itself is hardly out of the ordinary; in fact it is a common occurrence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It's about the innocent ordinariness of the victims.
- Eventually, ordinariness takes over everything.
- So this stone was monumental in its very ordinariness.
Late Middle English: the noun partly via Old French; the adjective from Latin ordinarius 'orderly' (reinforced by French ordinaire), from ordo, ordin- 'order'.
Palabras que riman con ordinarysubordinary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.