Definición de organ grinder en inglés:
1A street musician who plays a barrel organ.
- The melodies are recommended to street organ-grinders, if any still exist.
- I remember with a peculiar vividness an organ-grinder who came around with a monkey, and the accuracy with which the monkey could catch a ball.
- The funhouse atmosphere will also include loonie hotdogs, free popcorn, face-painting, buskers, an organ-grinder, and roving improv performers.
1.1A person in control of another: I’m not just a monkey dancing to the organ grinder’s tune
[with reference to the tradition of an organ grinder's keeping a monkey trained to collect money]
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Trimble remarked: ‘I don't want to talk to this monkey. Where's the organ-grinder?’
- After all, why bother choosing the monkey when you can own the organ-grinder?
- He had originally intended to stand against the Defence Secretary, but was persuaded to, in his words, ‘take on the organ-grinder rather than the monkey’.
Definición de organ grinder en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan