The treatment of disease with extracts from animal organs, especially glands.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Brown-Séquard's advocacy gave rise to a renewed interest in the 1890s in what was now called ‘organotherapy’: the use of extracts of animal organs as therapeutic agents.
- This use is thought to have originated from the idea, going back to Roman times, that consumption of animal genitalia is an effective way to treat sexual problems (‘organotherapy‘).’
- Organotherapy targets specific organs and tissues.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1935 David et al. isolated the critical ingredient in organotherapeutic treatments, testosterone.
Definición de organotherapy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.