- 1A large upper-storey bay with a window, supported by brackets or on corbels.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Because of the oriel's off-center position, the Dance of Death frieze is divided into two parts of unequal length.
- The tree's branches structurally support the third-floor oriel extending halfway up the fourth floor or gable above it.
- Because the Klein family owned ironworks in northern Moravia, cast iron was widely used on the building's facade in windows and oriels.
- 1.1 (also oriel window) A window in an oriel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The window frames have also been scrapped and repainted and the leaking roof of the oriel window has been repaired.
- The room feels like a ship - Dad and I love boats - and has an oriel window.
- Mullioned turret and oriel windows running across the first and second storeys create a wall-of-glass effect from the exterior and light and airy chambers within.
late Middle English: from Old French oriol 'gallery', of unknown origin; compare with medieval Latin oriolum 'upper chamber'.
Más definiciones de orielDefinición de oriel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.