- 1Style, artefacts, or traits considered characteristic of the peoples and cultures of Asia.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the skilled hands of Dacic and Gekic, the mesmeric sound of the music's Orientalism was born anew.
- Sellers, as always, makes elegant play with the character's improbable Orientalisms.
- 1.1The representation of Asia in a stereotyped way that is regarded as embodying a colonialist attitude.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hollywood's vision of the middle east hasn't got much beyond Victorian orientalism, either.
- The European position bore all the earmarks of what Edward Said has called orientalism.
- The nineteenth-century preoccupation with orientalism provided a strong design influence well into the twentieth century.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You are a friend, I cannot simply release you without hard proof of your innocence, not in dangerous times like this. you are a great Orientalist.
- That is often why the prejudices and aberrations of one generation of Orientalists were exposed and rejected by the next.
- He is one of the few Orientalists whose writings demonstrate a deep understanding of the Arab mind and how it works.
Más definiciones de orientalismDefinición de orientalism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.