- The last bed had stuffed animals on it and the desk was covered with little ornaments.
- There was a lovely black fireplace and a tall bookshelf filled with books and small ornaments.
- A fireplace was against one of the walls, its mantle also covered in little brass ornaments.
- An integral part of the decorative scheme of the dishes was the now erased heraldic ornament.
- The relationship between Gothic ornament and literature can be quite striking.
- Banished under Modernism, it has something to do with decoration and ornament.
- Love or hate him, he has been an ornament to the game as a bowler and has added considerable flavour too.
- As a person, no less than as a thinker, Ramsey was an ornament to Cambridge.
- A woman and one who ought to have been in as much as the means were assuredly in the power of her family-an ornament to her sex and station.
- Extracting the ornaments from the musical texture will greatly assist students in the polishing process.
- Hasse begins with a simple melody which is varied and embellished with intricate ornaments that make it memorable.
- Purcell's first seven pieces introduce various fingering combinations, simple ornaments and key signatures.
- Kino also used the rich vestments and ornaments of religious ceremonies to attract the native peoples.
- Many parish churches were extravagantly rebuilt, and lavished with vessels and ornaments which foreign visitors thought worthy of a cathedral.
- In addition to painting and sculpture, the collections include displays of silver, ecclesiastical ornaments and vestments, furniture, and altars.
- Many other gowns were ornamented with a lot of beads without giving an Art Deco impression.
- He wished them to come to his gardens and study the beautiful Greek statues which ornamented them.
- She herself chose a smart business suit while ornamenting my father in a silly sweater and beige khakis.
Middle English (also in the sense 'accessory'): from Old French ournement, from Latin ornamentum 'equipment, ornament', from ornare 'adorn'. The verb dates from the early 18th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.